Saturday, August 15, 2009

Burmese Journey

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to write a little something about my Burmese learning journey. I feel very happy to have come back to learning this language. Just a few years back, I purchased several books, preparing to go into Burmese boot camp mode. The biggest problem I had was finding the people to practice with. The resources I purchased were ok, but I think I could've had better ones. I recently purchased a Burmese course from paiboon.com and I'm really enjoying it. It has a thorough explanation on the letters which is something rare to come across. I've also purchased a Cambodian book from the same place, but haven't started on it yet. I will very soon and will most definitely post up a video on the language. I plan to update my Burmese video very soon so stay tuned!

1 comment:

August said...

Hi, I just recently discovered your Youtube videos and blog and I find them to be really inspiring. I love foreign languages and hope to learn as many as I can, especially Asian languages.

I have a question for you on your Burmese language journey. I have a friend who left from Burma to America a few years ago. He explained to me that in Burma there are 7 different "tribes". Each tribe has different histories, physical features and languages. Are you interested in learning any of those specific languages or just the national Myanmar language?

Thank you for all the great videos, hope to hear from you :)